To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, January 14, 2008

30 minutes very slowly

Monday morning was chiropractic and massage time up in Menlo. Felt great when I left the office (as always). Drove home and ran 30 minutes very slowly. Everything seems OK for the moment. My left knee bares watching. I can feel it at times. It haunts my runs but so far there has been little or no pain. Nothing to tell me to stop 40 years of madness. Because a bad knee will stop it. A running life of few injuries. Something has to break eventually. My wife always telling me how lucky I am. Maybe she is right. I will ride this one out but I will ride slowly for the time being. Patience seems to be the key.

I still dream of being fast but speed is only relative.

Who cares about an old used up runner? Only the runner them self.

Johnny Podres dies and folks forget who he was. He won two games in the 1955 World Series. He won the deciding game for God's sake. Brooklyn's one and only series victory. But that was too long ago. So people forget. That's the way of it with old runners. We forget and they forget. We run..Why? We are programmed to go out the door and run until age and wear and tear stop us. It stopped Ted Corbitt but he kept on going on in his won way, walking his way to death.

Death stopped him.

My goal is to be the last runner (whatever that is) so that somehow I am still running when all others have stopped.

No comments: