To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, January 03, 2008

80 minutes of slow

I went out and ran an easy 80 minutes yesterday morning. My left knee was a bit stiff but then it was cold and I forgot to wear my knee band. I was good to go after about 5 minutes once things began to warm up. Once again I kept things slow. The run was unremarkable except tat I am a series of contrasts. My legs felt OK in the sense that they did not feel heavy or tried but on the other hand that "you overdid" it cough kept up on and off most of the day. I don't feel sick or even like I am coming down with anything but there is no question that the combination of 1200's and the longer runs in the same week took me down a notch.

The lesson is that I can do one hard thing a week. That is the way I am wired. Long runs are hard things. I can go do the 1200's but not the long run or vice versa.

In any case I am backing off from the red line and just train the way I said in my last post.

Big wind and rain coming in Thursday and Friday. I planned to take both days off anyway and rest up. I will go back out Saturday and or Sunday.

This being The Last Runner gets tough now and then.

I do plan to set goals as soon as I clear my present situation. Nothing earth shattering. I figure with some luck I can be that quintessential 8-8 or 9-7 (NFL paradigm) 60 plus runner.

No comments: