To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, January 28, 2008

Cold and sort of wet

Another cold wet morning but I went out anyway and ran 65 minutes. I kept my HR in the 140's and ran over to the college and did big loops clockwise. It rained a bit on and off throughout the run but it wasn't too bad. I warmed up nicely with a slow tempo that oddly timed my loops with a Hispanic girl who was circling the track in the opposite direction. It was inadvertent but strange non the less.

Given that this was the second day back to back I felt so good that I mentioned to my wife later on that I could probably go out again on Tuesday and do another hour. The key in any case is keeping my pace slow and easy. I could probably build to an hour a day, day after day, as long as I kept my efforts on the easy side. Nice to think about but doubtful right now that I would actually go out and attempt that. First I would try 60 minutes five days a week and then 60 minutes six days a week.

I am getting rummy even thinking about it.

No comments: