To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, June 06, 2009

2 x 800

Key workout day over at Prospect High School. 2 x 800.

The track was basically empty except for 3 jogger women so after a 25 minute warm up including some striders, I was as ready to go as I would be. The signs hadn't been good. I had cut my finger and bumped my knee before I could even get out of the house. If I were the suspicious type, I would have bailed but instead I threw the sacred chickens overboard and ran the workout.

I settled behind Dimitri and just let him drag me through.

The first one was 3:04 with a 95 second first lap and an 89 second second.

On the next one we went through in 92 feeling much better than the last one. We then picked up slightly and ran in at 89 or 3:01 for both laps.

Jogged down for 9 minutes. 40 minutes total.

The last time we ran this it was 3:10-3:08 so this was a vast improvement.

3:09 average versus 3:02.5.

No comments: