To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

55 pain free, sluggish minutes

Low energy Tuesday.

I rolled out of bed and put away a big mug of coffee. Then I went out the door for an uninspired but resolute "crawling along" 55 pain free, sluggish minutes. Some days you just have to just do it even if laying around on the couch, sipping more coffee and browsing the web sounds much more enticing.

Anything sounded more enticing.

The weather has begun to heat up so getting out early made the run palpable. I suspect I am feeling the residuals of running reps on Saturday and then running a bit too hard on Sunday.

Still, my legs were pain free but then I have become a master of that.

Finally got on the web after showering and saw that 80 year old Earl Fee had run a 2:48, 800 meter. So we're 16 years apart and 6 seconds. I ran 2:54 last Saturday and even though I was time trialing, I am sure Fee looked the part.

No comments: