To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, June 21, 2009

GG Park for 55 minutes

I drove up to Shel's this morning (early) and we high tailed it up to the DSE Race in GG Park in San Francisco. In keeping with my motto (I am not ready to race) I stayed towards the back of the pack and ran very easy. I had already warmed up for 25 minutes beforehand actually doing some very gentle hills. The race was from the conservatory down to and around Stow Lake and back. Two good hills but both were short stuff and not too steep. I started off with Bob who went off on how he had never recovered his strength from a water skiing accident that took place 10 years ago. His problem, IMHO, is that he runs twice a week and maybe totals 10 miles (maybe).

My total running time was around 55 minutes. I could have jogged for another 5 but decided to let it go.

The weather you ask? Spectacular. Sunny and mild. Just incredible.

Bob, Shel and I went for breakfast afterward.

No comments: