To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stumbling through 68 minutes of slow

The weatherman has really turned up the heat. Even though I got out the door by 8 am it was already very warm. I ran as slow as I could (almost falling asleep several times in the first few miles) taking a long route to the track. Once I arrived, I spotted Charles and Donna and ran with Charles for a while chatting about heart rate monitors (He wears one now. I rarely do). By the time I got back home I had stumbled through 68 minutes of hell bent for leather slow running.

Actually, once I started to match strides with Charles my pace picked up ever so slightly and my legs felt better. Second wind of some sort.

>On the "thinking what the hell I have to do going forward" stream of consciousness.

>I would like to get down to 135-36 but I have not been paying very much attention to my weight.

>I NEED TO START! I believe I will run faster if I take this step. 5-7 pounds under what I am today.

>I need to eat better. These protein days will kill me for sure. More carbs.

>Don't fiddle too much with my training. I can add slow minutes bit the rest has to remain the same.

No comments: