To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, June 18, 2009

No fuel in the gas tank?

On Wednesday morning I went out the door and did another ultra slow 50 minute run.

I Met Jake on Thursday and ran a combination of the trail and track at Forbes. 50 minutes again. Will be a while before we do this again. He will be running daily coaching sessions for his HS kids and I will run from Forbes alone or do my workouts from the house.

How slow can I train? That seems to be critical right now.

I also made sure I ate enough carbs especially that night at dinner. I believe that at times I under fuel myself (is that a saying???). Too much protein. Steaks two night in a row this past weekend. It just doesn't work. It's fun but no fuel in the gas tank.

I also wonder about 5 days a week. I will stick with it for now but it might be better for me to run Monday morning (long run), Tuesday afternoon (sprints), Thursday morning (longer run), Saturday morning (reps). This gives me 36-48 hours between workouts.

No comments: