To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, August 07, 2011

4 x 300

Woke up from a hamburger induced night of sleeping and ran the neighborhoods and around Foothill College for a total of 25 minutes. Then, as usual, I did some strides to get the legs ready for the workout du jour. I told Dimitri I might leech off of him during his part of his workout. He was planning to run 800-400-300-200. I was figuring on 4 x 300.

I ran the first one alone in 62.  The effort didn't feel too hard but the time was 1-2 seconds off expectation.

I decided to invoke the leech.

When Dimitri took off for his first rep (the 800) I let him get out a bit and then took off myself, gradually catching up to him. I passed him at the 200 and felt like I was driving the pace down but came across in 61.

On the third rep (alone again) I got out faster and held serve through the 200 and then inched the effort down a gear. The result was 60.

Dimitri told me that he would gladly pace me through the last 300 (a deadly combination) which was very welcome.

Still, we came through 21 and 41 but I had decided that I would really drive the final straight and came across the line in 59.

So....62-61-60-59. Good enough. Best workout so far since beginning the men of the 800.

Jogged down for 18 minutes and change.

The top of my right foot which has been giving me some problems (feels like cramping) gave me a reminder that it was there. Iced big time when I got home.

No comments: