To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back of the Pack Farwell

I finally ran a club workout today. Not with the goal of running hard (that's for tomorrow) but rather to just move along. Tom and Danny ended up being in my entourage. All three of us former greats. All three of us at the back of the pack.

At the finish, which was hair under 33 minutes for 3.54 miles, 15 minutes and then some off my all time PR, we were well back. Everyone else was in and either chatting it up of warming down. Too put it in perspective, my run was worth around a 24:52 back in the day. That's was in the low 7's which was an easy run back then but even though I was never running hard, my legs still felt the effort. I can take solace in the fact that Danny and Tom were running much harder than I was. Tom sprinted by at the end to pour salt into our gaping open wounds.

I would have had to run 23:57 to run the age graded equivalent of my 1978 PR of 18:22.

With the warmup, I totaled 50 minutes

No comments: