To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, August 12, 2011

First Alternative Run

My first run with the alternative laces and my right instep felt fine. I did my usual ten minutes of plodding around home and another 60 minutes over at WVC.  I decided not to run a fast 400 and wait until this weekend.

This 800 meter thing is on the verge of becoming my new focus. The math supposedly is simple. If I can run, say, a 2:45 800 meter than I should be able to run a low 6 minutes mile which means that I might be in the low 21's for 5K. Really slow times if you look at my total running career (1968-present) but if age graded, as good as I have ever done.
http://runsmartproject.com/coaching/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Jeff-Beria.jpg
Old guys running the 800


No comments: