To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, August 21, 2011

6 x 100

With Dimitri away in Toronto I decided to a speed advancement workout. That meant something shorter and faster than my longer reps. As I jogged the neighborhood I kept revising the workout finally deciding that it would be 6 x 100 over at De Anza Track doing a super loop in between. So that meant 500 meters per loop with 100 meters of it fast.

After 25 minutes of easy slow jogging and some warm up strides, I ran the first serious 100 in the 18's feeling strong. That was a good sign because the plan called for me to run the next one faster except it wasn't faster at all. Just another 18. I decided to lengthen my run up of flying section of the rest of the 100's. I blasted down the track in 17. Then ran another 17 and then another. On the last one I really let loose the dogs of war and ran......

Another 17.

Now if I age grade the reps they are equal to running under 13 seconds back in the day.  But while this brought about some badly needed solace, still I am left wondering if I will ever see 16 again.

It was the best  had on the ranch and on the way home my legs instead of feeling beat up and tired, actually seemed to want to run faster. Typical "good" reaction from running fast strides.

My total running time was 65 minutes in near perfect conditions.

I felt like I held serve.  Faster than my longer rep speed but not enough to do damage.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fitness_exercise_health/files/2010/05/stride-300x199.jpg


No comments: