To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

2400 meters in 9:55


Photo of a Arnold Palmer Drink


It was Jake and Rich at WVC day. My plan was to run 2400 meters (6 laps if you are counting) at slightly ahead of date pace for two miles. We warmed up for 3 plus miles and then I took off and ran 9:55 which was slightly ahead of my goal. I realized that I was tired going into the run but I kept nailing 100 second laps and then ran the last 800 in 3:15. We then ran 6 x 100 with a 300 meter jog. We warmed down by running around campus. Age graded my 2400 meters was a 7:50.

Jake is still recovering from his cold. He did well on the 100's but only did 4 of the 6 laps. I told he he was still over-training and that his body wasn't recovering.

We settled things by going out for coffee.

Next week the plan is to run two miles (3200 meters actually) at date pace. Then Jake is gone for the month of June so I will be on my own.

In the evening I went out and ran another 3 miles with the club. It was around 85 degrees but I was well hydrated after drinking 3 Arnold Palmer's (Ice tea mixed with Lemonade) during lunch and felt decent. I ran with Russ and talked about the Doolittle Raid and the Battle of Midway. Typical Russ-Rich history talk. Stacy called for Dr. Rich and asked me about a butt-pull. Luckily, I am covered by liability insurance. Turns out she ran some aggressive hills. Something she was not used to doing. She paid a small price. I told her to go sit on an ice pack twice a day for 15 minutes and to stay off the hills for a while.

I think I ran about 11 miles total.

No comments: