To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, May 20, 2007

40 mile Week.






I got up early and ran an easy 4 miles to take my weekly total to 40 miles. I then showered and tried to drive up to Santa Rosa to see my mother but the Bay to Breakers traffic was so bad that I ended up in the parking lot also know as 19th avenue. I would have taken an alternative route but I was too far gone and running out of time. Also many of the side streets were cut off due to the race. Finally I had to give up and head back home. Called my mother and she understood. We had a nice long phone conversation while I was sitting in auto alley. This is the second time this has happened to me. The last time was Memorial Day several years back.

Which reminds me. Next week is Memorial Day so don't deja vu again.

The picture at the top is what 19th Avenue used to look like in 1937. Note that the street is torn up because the city was widening the road. My take is that they didn't widen it enough.

No comments: