To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, May 06, 2007

38 Mile Week

I ran 8 miles today. No HRM. I decided to run one of my known 8 milers and forget measuring heart rate. I did run on the clock beginning at 9:02 AM and finishing at 10:16 AM. I stopped for traffic several times and to piss so it probably took under 74 minutes running time. Faster than the 80 minutes it was taking me several weeks back. The key point was that I didn't push.

This was a 38 mile week. I did this in 5 days which is very similar to what I use to do in 5 days years ago. I would hit 38-40 miles on Friday and add in another 20-25 miles during the weekend. Right now I have no aspirations to replicate that sort of thing. This is all another experiement on whether at age 62 I can handle higher mileage.

So far the secret seems to be:

. Run most of it very slow.

. Run most of it alone.

. Make sure you run only one only hard day a week.

. Make sure that one day is not too hard.

. Take days off.

No comments: