To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Strange Run

Yesterday: Saturday: A strange run.

I warmed up with my club for 3 miles staying at the back of the pack. Then I put on my HRM and ran another 3 miles perplexed that it was diffuckt t drive my HR "up" into the usual zone. I was not leg tired or exhausted. My HR just stayed low. Finally I tacked a 1000 meters on the end of my run at 70% and did it at a 7:13 pace. My HR didn't even hit 70% until the last 200 meters.

What is the heck is going on? Either I am in the shape of my 60 plus or my max HR dropped 15-20 points over the last few weeks.....;-)

I thought that perhaps the HRM was malfunctioning but I checked my HR manually 3 or 4 times during the run and got the same relative reading.

There is nothing in my workouts to indicate that suddenly I have a big breakthrough. The 7:13 pace for the 1000 meters wasn't exhausting but it wasn't that easy either. I had to push!

As I said. A strange run.

No comments: