To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, May 13, 2007

39:24





This is a good example of a book that could really mess up my running. It's not that I don't agree with its philosophy which is to run fewer days but harder and cross train, it's just that it doesn't work for me. It was simple. I looked at the workouts that I would have had to run when I was at my peak 25-30 years ago and I realized that those very workouts would have destroyed me.

Bottom line. Good book but not for me.

Today: Sunday: Weather: Sunny, cool and very little wind.

I went out and ran my 5 miler pushing my HR up to 70% as quickly as I could. It was much easier getting my HR in the zone today than yesterday. Still, I ran 39:24 which is faster than the 40:27 that I ran back in February.


http://lastrunnerstanding.blogspot.com/2007/02/short-5-4027.html

It was Sunday and no Samurai runner on the track today. Just walkers, kids and 3 Tae Kwon Do students doing their martial fist jabs by the track just in back of the bathrooms.

No comments: