To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 19, 2008

On the Running Front

I ran an easy 45 minutes on Friday morning keeping my HRM in the 120's and 130's. It was cool and overcast.

On Saturday I got going late so I ran 20 minutes of calorie burning slow stuff before having a light coffee laden breakfast with my club. I did quaff several energy bars on the way over. Then I came back in the early afternoon and ran another 60 minutes of what turned out to be a difficult challenge of trying to stay under 70%. It was warmer but not hot. Still it was warm enough to make me have to walk on a half dozen occasions when the HRM read over 150. Frankly I was glad when I hit the hour mark. I stopped on the spot and walked back to the house. My best guess was that I was light on carbs and not really very well hydrated. I felt OK though. The HRM tends to do that. It just keeps me from running any harder than I need to on a given day.

I stepped on the scale today for the first time in months. I am about 5-6 pounds away from my goal weight. Only a pound over my racing weight.

No comments: