To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, March 16, 2009

Comeback Weather

I ramped up a bit this morning. 5 minute walk and then 25 minutes of 35-25. It was cool and overcast. Nice comeback weather. I should be at 40 minutes of run/walk by the weekend. Legs feel OK. No pain.

I plan to ship off my redux book proposal on my Lawrence leadership model sometime this week. I keep looking at it and tinkering. Somehow it doesn't seem enough. Of course I want the publisher to want to do this book but given the sum game nature of writing and publishing, I know it either hits their fancy and their plans or it doesn't.


Wiki: For those who might wonder, the word "redux" does not mean what it would appear to. It is a Latin word that means "brought back", "revisited".

I have an ongoing search in progress. I have been looking for information on Clare Sydney Smith, wife of Wing Commander Sydney Smith. TE Lawrence, during his days in the RAF was posted to Mount Batten in the late 1920's and early 1930's where he became good friends with the commanding office (Smith) and his wife Clare. The Smith's moved on to Singapore after Mount Batten where Wing Commander Smith became Air Commodore Smith. After returning to the UK, Clare wrote a book called The Golden Reign about Lawrence's time there. It was published in 1940.

Then she disappears from history or at least from my capability to track her. She may have been part of a documentary on Lawrence done in the late 1970's (or not). I am not sure. At least I know that her husband died late in 1971. I can't find out where he is buried because the chances are she is buried next to him.

In any case she was quite attracted to Lawrence. She may have even loved him. He would have returned the friendship (deeply) but not the sexual love. He was incapable of that sort of love. Her photo is below.


No comments: