To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Upping The Ante

Saratoga High Track





I took a day off from work and decided to go out and run at the Saratoga High Track. I upped the ante a bit and ran 5 minutes on and one minute off through a half hour and then shifted to 4 and 1 until 40 minutes. All was well except my right achilles. No pain but it is slightly swollen. The slant board has left its calling card.

I then ran 2 x 100 meters surprising myself with an 18 followed by a 17.

Saratoga Track is a zoo, by the way. Around 5 pm the place is a still filled with students suing the field for various sports, runners and walkers meandering or zigzagging across the track blissfully unaware of anyone running there. I find myself constantly changing lanes to avoid the masses. At any rate it is a very popular track but frankly I just don't enjoy running there. Danny does, because he is both coach and mayor of the track

Be the mayor, I told him. A few minutes later I lost him to some nice young thing (a blond) who joined him for his Tuesday 200 meter workout.

As for me, I am everyman when I run there. The slowest man on the track.

No comments: