To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What A Heel I Am




















Jack Lovelock-Miler



I finally had to give in and put heel lifts back in each shoe. Running and otherwise. My right achilles was just way too temperamental and even if it's only for the time being, it takes the load off of the heel. The transition needs to be more gradual. I will have to watch my calves which have not bothered me during this whole period.

I walked Amber for about 20 minutes this morning and then went and walked another 40 minutes by myself.

The question that lurks is what can I run for the mile. I have to stabilize my achilles and both calf's to have a chance. I would like a sub-6 which is equivalent to running a sub 4:40 at age 30. Just before the end of the year I ran a 4:50 1320 and believed myself to be in sub-6:30 shape (and I was hardly racing. It was a solo time trial).

Given than I can avoid injuries this is what I think I will need:

Some mileage but not much. 3-4 miles a day, four days a week will do it with one 6-7 miler for "strength". I need to not obsess about mileage.

Time trials over 800 meter, 1200 meters and 1600 meters. Gradually pulling the time down until I can see that I have a chance. I ran a 3:08 in December and felt strong doing it. Another solo effort. If I can hit 3:00 then I can try to work down to 4:30 at 1200.

A pacer now and then to help. Dimitri has offered to do this for me. It is The Bannister Touch.. He had Chateway and Brasher.

No comments: