To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, July 02, 2009

45 minutes of junk

I ditched the idea of running in the cool of the morning and traded it to become warm up buddy at the local all comers meet. So, 45 minutes of junk running, banter and a nice dinner (the Greek salad) at the Diner after the meet. It was warm but not "warm". Mid to high 70's at best but a real shift from the pre-9 am running that I have been doing of late.

Anyway, it was a choice not to run Friday and get it done today so I could have a day off. A rest day before Saturday.

The all comers crowd never ages. Only I do. They are mostly forever young. 31 years ago I ran a 9:44 two mile at this same event. Dust now, swept under the carpet of 3 decades of running.

No comments: