To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hesitation Stop

The day was somewhat cooler than yesterday. I could feel it right off. I walked Amber "The Wonder Dog" to shake out my legs for the main event.

Yes, you guessed it. Another 55 minutes of slow running. In fact I almost stopped at 50 minutes not because I was tired but because it seemed enough. I came to a hesitation stop at a stop light near my house and after a half a minute (or thinking about it) I decided to continue via a slightly elongated route which adding five big minutes to the run.

I felt no different at the end of the run with the added time than I had at the hesitation halt.

I thought about adding threshold intervals to my weekly routine. It could add some 3-5K strength to my workouts. It could also be a bridge too far. Daniels would say I should do these at a 7:10 pace based on where I think I am right now.

No comments: