To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, July 12, 2009

70 minutes of Galloway

I got out early or at least so my wife says. Anyway, I ran 70 minutes with short walk breaks thrown in for seasoning. Sunday has been a tough run given the fact that I run fairly hard on Saturday. I figured if I did a Galloway version I might feel better, go further and actually recover from the workout of the day before.

I started with 1 minute of walking and 4 minutes of running until I finally got to the track. Once there, I ran big loops walking the "hill". I began to actually feel pretty darn good and picked up the pace a bit (BIG MISTAKE!). Then I slowed things back down (VERY SMART!) and ran home.

Feeling good or too good is the moment to be very careful. Easy should be easy. Good rule of the road for older runners of a certain age.

No comments: