To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Can Rich? Yes he can!

Prospect high track again. Warmed up a bit more than normal. 25-26 minutes with strides. Then we ran a shakedown 300 in 70. Shakedown in that it shakes out the cobwebs.

The workout was 2 x 800 in under 3:02 (which is what we did the last time we ran this).

I just followed "D" and we cruised to a 3:02. I felt OK but not strong like last week. As "D" said this is an adversity workout. I want to be able to run my goal times whether I am in top shape or not. Feeling strong is not always optional.

The second one felt much better but that is because we went through the first 400 in 94 (oops!) and scorched the second lap in 86 for a 3:00 flat. "D" fell asleep at the pacer wheel, he told me afterward. He was thinking, can Rich run 86???? Well, we did and I could have run faster. 2:58 was in the offing had we really burned the last 200.

I never felt in any sort of trouble.

With the warm down, I did around 40-41 minutes.

No comments: