To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Best yet

Friday: I laid around like a cat all day yesterday (it was a work holiday). My body ached from running on the grass at Los Gatos. Advil and rest and pasta.

I slept well and woke feeling pretty refreshed. Drove over to Prospect and warmed up with Jake for 20 minutes with some striders. D was over on the artificial grass getting his barefoot warm up. Then we added in something new. 2 x 800 at an 8 minute pace with a one minute rest in between. Nothing too hard but the goal was to create a "load".

After the last 800 we waited one minute and then ran a 400 in 88 seconds. After that we went to our normal run a 400, walk a 400. The second 400 was 85 and I immediately knew I felt very good. The 3rd 400 was 83 and last was 82. My best workout yet. D was killer in how he led through the 400's. Each had a slightly negative split and each was slightly faster than the last.

I decided to walk several laps with Jake instead of doing my usual 10-12 minute easy jog. Not so much because I was tired but really because I had run my 4 miles which is my Saturday allotment for right now.

No comments: