To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Emotional and Physical Fartlek

The weather has turned hotter than a barbecue. The moment I stepped out the door this morning I could feel that someone had turned up the blast furnace. I was glad I got out early. The plan was to run 55 minutes and keep the tempo at a snail's pace. I am happy to say that in this I was a total success.

I waddled over to the college track by the usually long route. I even ran around the astro turfed soccer field before touring the campus. Once on the track (Asian City as usual), I did big loops including short hill. At various moments I felt really good and at others not so good. The run was varied in this manner. Sort of emotional and physical fartlek. As I headed back home I kept saying to myself "I feel good!" I sounded like some motivational tape.

The truth was I sometimes felt good.

These days, I will take it. No legs pain and no big issues.

No comments: