To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, January 22, 2011

70 warm minutes

I missed on the club 5K on the track. Dwight did his usual 20:13 which despite mega miles and supplements is his new level. Still not bad for a 63 year old runner.

The other "don't tell me to cut my miles"  Jim showed up and ran in the 23's. My guess is that he is on the road back from his don't cut my mileage injury. In any case I am glad he can run again.

Or not.

His girlfriend may have let him out to play for once. I wasn't there, so I am not sure.

As usual I quaffed coffee and hung around the house until it was time for breakfast at Carrows. A big crowd showed up for breakfast including Dimitri who thinks he may have fractured a bone in his left foot. I bet him a breakfast that it was a simple sprain or muscle pull so he he is going to get an x-ray and let me know who won.

I got out at about 12:15. The temperature had climbed into the high 60's and even though I know that is not hot, I perceived it as warm. No trouble getting my HR up in the 140's. I had to even slow down several times to keep it from going over 150. No question temperature is a key factor on HR.

I ran for 70 minutes throwing in a few short big loop hills over at the college. Felt fairly decent (after all I did run 50 minutes yesterday).

No comments: