To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, January 30, 2011

An Underwhelming 5K

It rained most of last night and this morning. I got up way too early and drank coffee in the dark before going out and jogging 6 minutes in the neighborhood to shale things out. Stepped into several puddles which soaked my shoes and socks. When I got back home I took out the blow dryer and dried my shoes and pulled out a pair of dry socks.

I then drove up to Shel's house in Foster City and from there he drove us the rest of the way up to the Dolphin Club 5K which started and finished across from the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.  It rained all the way up.

I warmed up an additional 17 minutes while it still continued to rain. I wasn't very motivated but I went on auto pilot and just did it.  At the start of the race, I began talking to a guy named Scott Johnson, from North Carolina who was visiting the area. We ended up just jogging the race which suited me to a "T".

The conversation was great and the time was slow. 30:12.


No comments: