To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting into really good shape

I got up early and after enuf coffee I jogged the neighborhood for ten minutes. Then I drove over to Forbes and met up with Jake for our usual two loops. Jake seems to have found a program that works for him. Two weeks ago he was slaughter city and barely running. He struggled with a 28 minute and change first loop. Today we ran the first loop in the 26:40's. My HR was in the 130's most of the way. Some 140's coming back down. I jogged over to the restroom at the track, did my business and jogged back

On the second loop, I let Jake lead. We reached the top in 12:25 and then came back down in 10:32. My HR on the trip out was mostly in the high 140's. The downhill side of the run was at a quicker pace but my HR stayed around 150 until we hit the flat section and Jake began to pick it up. Gradually my HR went up to about 155-158 and stayed there until we ran by the ramp. Then we both went harder seeing that we had a chance to break 23. The reward was 22:57.

Total running time was about 67 minutes.
http://www.artchallenge.com/galleries/artists/tmcm.jpg
Okay. I am ready to run now.

No comments: