To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Carpe Diem

Forbes Mill day. I ran 10 minutes around the neighborhood to shake things out and then drove the usual route over to Los Gatos. It was colder than the last several days but I still decided that shorts with gloves, ski cap and long sleeve T was enough. Jake was feeling a little bit less beat up so I let him set the pace on the warmup. We ran 27:12. My HRM mostly read in the 120's so this was a very easy pace. A fast leggy blond blew by us on the way up (I couldn't even hear her breathing).

When we got back I asked Jake if he was going to do another loop and he said "yes" so I decided to trail him up and back and keep it easy.  The second loop was more in the 130's and 140's with a flash of 150 over the last short section.  This one was right around 24:50. The leggy blond was coming back from whatever summit she had run to and just torched us again.

Total for the day was 62 minutes which was enough for my greedy running heart.

Strange day. Had breakfast with Jake but also had a lunch and dinner scheduled both of which were canceled. In my line of work this often happens. I decided to carpe diem and just go with the flow.

No comments: