To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Unfinished business

I took three days off from running due to this nasty little head cold. I felt much better today. Dimitri and I met a Foothill track in the easy afternoon. The temperature was in the high 50's, the sun was out and there was a slight breeze.

I really wanted to do the workout of three weeks ago but finish it.

We warmed up for 15 minutes and then did some striders.

Using my HRM, we ran an 800 at AT effort. We dropped a 3:35 which surprised me. I expected something slower. After a 200 meter walk we ran 4 x 400 in 94 seconds average. We walk half a lap for recovery.

Then we ran another 800 at AT effort. Tired from the 400, we only ran a 3:53 but the time is less important than the effort.

To conserve energy we walked a lap cool down. I was more interested in the core of the workout rather than piling up minutes.

I used 168-173 for AT. My actual AT might be higher but I wanted to be safe.

During the 400's my heart rate hit 177-179. I was working but was nowhere near all out.

No comments: