To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, September 29, 2013

80 minute run

After two days off ( except for Doggie walks ) I ran 80 minutes with most of it spent climbing long hills in back of Foothill College. Beautiful day. Cool but sunny. Dimitri joined me and we ran up to Palo Alto Park and back. My legs felt okay. The Virtual week seem to be working.

I spent yesterday morning with John Clary at the Stanford XC Invite. Thousands of high school runners swarmed the golf course. College runners too. The start and finish are so remote and barricaded that you can't get close enough to really see the runners. We walked out on the course ( more barricades and flags ) and were able to see runners whiz by for a few fleeting seconds. In 1973, I watched Pre and John Ngeno finish a PAC 8 race right in front of where I was standing. Those days are gone.


No comments: