To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

6 x 1200

I waited until late morning to go out and run. The temps had climbed from the 20's at sunrise into the high 40's by 11:30 AM. Winds were mild.

I ran 3 miles for a warmup with some 50 meter strides towards the end. Legs felt very good. Then I did the meat of the workout running 6 x 1200 at 75-77% of max with a 200 meter jog in between each rep. Once again the legs felt good but the times of the reps were less than stellar. I was rarely under an 8 minute pace which was disappointing. The good news is that the last one felt very much like the first one. I then ran 2 miles back home for a total of 10 + miles.

On the way back I finally felt the effort. I was not dragging but I was tired. I will see how I rebound by Wednesday.

10:37 PM: Later in the evening: Sorry what a spoiler. My back is sore and my legs are a bit beat up. I am walking around like I have a stick up my ass. Finally gave in and took advil.

No comments: