To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wednesday

I had a mid morning meeting with a potential new client and so for the first time in months I threw myself out the door at just after 7 AM. Of course it was like running in molasses (low 30's) and it took me a few miles just to get going.

4 miles very easy. No HRM. I just ran slow.

I went to West Valley to run this afternoon. The gates to the track were closed and locked. It must have happened suddenly because a lady with crutches was trapped and could not get out. Some of our club runners climbed the gates and got in. One went to find someone to open things back up. The group was splintered at first with half down on the track running 800's and the rest of us starting to do tennis course loops (.66 miles) but aborted when we saw one of the gates had been finally opened.
Turns out the maintenance people had put some "round up" (whatever that is) on the grass and thought we should all be protected from it. As Russ said, "Maybe 'round up' is another name for agent orange."

In any case my run ended up being 5 miles of more slow stuff.

No comments: