To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Good Running

The early morning temps were down in the mid 20's. It was a hard, dry chill. We couldn't see our own breath.

I ran the 3 mile warm up feeling very good. My legs (given a steady onslaught of 9-10 minute miles in the preceeding weeks) felt energized. Everyone was commenting and complaining about the cold but I mostly noticed how good my legs felt. While the club went down to the track to run 3 x 1600, I kept running covering another 5 miles and felt strong from start to stop.

At breakfast I commented to Dimitri that now was the time when I usually added in something hard which would proabbly send me spinning off into another slump. So the answer to that is..NOT!

I will continue running the Brian Clark version of Bowerman. I am in the shock-adaption phase. Monday will be 6 x 1200 at 75-77% of max with a 200 meter jog in between reps. No mercy..... ;-)

No comments: