To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Blessing of mid day runs


I had a merger meeting with a client this morning so I didn't get out until early afternoon for the first of my two run. I guess if I were religious I would say it was a blessing. Shorts and T-shirt weather. Light breezes and plenty of sun. Anyway 5 slow miles. Legs still tired from Monday.


The drum beating in my head over and over. Forget the rules. They just don't apply to you. Just run easy. Throw in some hills and some striders. I don't run well on tired legs. Never did and never will. Somehow my circuitry is wired differently.
Oh and the picture above. It's the 1981 me running a 10K. Right behind me is one of the best master runners in the USA in his age group. Ulrich Kaemph. Gone now. Died of cancer last year. Great competitor. We ran in the low 33's in this race.

No comments: