To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bowerman Again

I went out in the morning and did a very conservative Bowerman type workout.

20 minute warm up followed by some progressive striders (30 meter, 50 meters, 80 meters. The track was empty of any of the usual spread across the track type people. I did have Samurai runner who was chugging laps clockwise on the inside lane so every now and then we would play chicken for lane one as we hurtled towards each other and sub 7 minute pace.

Anyway, the meat of the workout:

2 x 800 in 3:31-3:28. 400 meter jog. 4 x 400 in 1:35 average which was faster than planned. 200 meter jog after each rep.

20 minutes jog back home.

My HR never reached AT so the workout must have been in my "range". Still, given that I usually do not do this type of workout, it was hard to get in the rhythm but by the time I got to the 400's I was feeling much better.

Probably 7 miles all told.

No comments: