To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Glacial 2 x 5 miles

2 x 5 miles today. Both runs ruthlessly slow. Is this really running? Dimitri asked me at dinner after the evening 5 miler (as I quaffed down a bowl of chili accompanies by hot tea) , didn't I still enjoy running? Not like before. I do it to burn calories and socialize. It is the fabric of my life, I thought. So many of my friends and colleagues RUN. So if I can put aside speed and flow and real tempo (those running sensations that used to be so seductive) I can guess I can stand the glacial pace of my present day efforts. At least for now. Besides, I am getting inventive about ways to inject some realtive speed and tempo I to my weekly workouts.
And of course my running path os close to 40 years is littered with the bones of all those who stopped running or no longer CAN run. So being the Last Runner is becoming a truth because my intent it to keep going until I can't tun anymore.

The good news is that the very slow pacing has helped to begin to clear up my leg problems. Especially my left leg. But I still feel creaky espcially with the Artic air mass descending upon us. I can only imagine what Fiday and Saturday mornings will be like when I journey out. I mean we're talking high 20's.

No comments: