To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, May 26, 2008

The game is afoot

I ran my 6 mile course up the RR tracks to Sunnyvale-Saratoga and back. I waited until 11:30 to go out. Just felt like lazing around the house.


Kept the pace steady (but didn't push) which these days seems to be an 8:51 pace. 53:07 when all was said and done. On my way out, I ran into Hank Lawson who was off-road biking. He had his knee operated on and is hoping to run again. Puts my situation in perspective.I thought about going another mile or two but then decided to cap it at six.

Age graded the run was a 41:22. The run felt good. It felt fine to move along except it wasn't really moving along. Not pace-wise. Only effort wise. Is there the chance I could get back into the low 8's? I have no idea. I realize that not running fast has made me slow. That and aging. They are the twin-towers of slow running.

“Come, Watson, come! The game is afoot,” instructed Holmes.....

It's a fool's game but I will play it out anyway.

No comments: