To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

Forty minutes that became fifty minutes

I woke up and my legs felt spiffy so I decided to break my rule and go out for a 40 minute run. I wore my HRM just to make sure I kept the effort slow. When I clicked on the display my HR was 58 which is about 15-20 beats lower than it was reading 4-6 weeks ago. My normal resting is in the high 40's or low 50's but by the time I wake up, drink coffee and get going, my HR is usually in the low 60's.

Anyway, this was a good sign.

I jogged down the RR tracks and turned left heading towards the De Anza College track. It was fairly empty so I decided to run a couple of BIG loops and head back home. On my second loop I could hear someone coming up on me rather quickly. It was that sleek thirty-something Korean gal, Nadia who slowed down to say hello. We ran about a mile together before I had to peal off and head back home. By the time I stopped I had run for 50 minutes which was a 10 minutes over my budget.

We'll see how this shakes out on Saturday.

No comments: