To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Let the speed come to me

I was still pretty beat up Friday but I got out for a 45 minute run. It was one of those why amd I still doing this runs.

Why and I still doing this?????


I slept in Saturday, missing the club workout but I made breakfast. In the early afternoon I went out for a 60 minute very easy run and felt somewhat recovered. Jaske was complaining at breakfast that he was beat up too. In his case he runs very hard when he can and then recovers by doing hilly 90 minute walks. In other words, he does not recover.

In a moment of clarity during my run today, I knew once again that the slower I was willing to run, the better I would feel. Wednesday was a nice place marker to see where I am but a regular diet of that sort of stuff will simply beat me up. Dwight is right. Letting the speed come to me is the key and of course the HRM can let that happen.

No comments: