To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, May 05, 2008

ASAIC for 72 minutes

Back up the railroad tracks this morning at around 9 AM without the HRM. I ran in ASAIC* mode. This is a very different way of running. I stayed out for 72 minutes coming by most milestones at new slower than ever times. I just have to get used to it. The reward was feeling really (really) good when I finished. Once again as if I could have gone on.

I recommended a 3 day running plan to Jake. Given that I am a happy camper just running slow, I may be doing it for him (or secretly for me to get me jump started).
When you read the workouts below you need to understand that at one or time of the other all have worked well for me but usually I did only one weekly hard day. Of course I have never offered to commit to a three (3) day running week. The last resort of the slow and old. Nothing is too hard that I couldn't adapt. No diets. No worrying about weight (well, hardly ever).

Anyway, here it is.

One long run very much like today.

One tempo day. Maybe 2 miles on the trail or track a good 30-45 seconds per mile slower than mile date pace.

One Danny day. One mile of reps a week. Either, 4 x 400 (5-10 seconds faster than pace) or 2 x 800 (5 seconds faster than pace) or 1 x 1200 (at pace).

A mile test run every 3rd to 4th week in place of the reps or tempo run. No other running or cross training that involves the legs. Easy for me but tough for Jake. Probably a deal breaker for him. He is not a relief pitcher by nature. He can't just sit out a day much less 3-4 days a week. We'll probably talk about this Wednesday.


*As Slow As I Can

No comments: