To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Long Way To Go

I ran an easy 3 miles on Friday. I was going to run 4 but felt so good at a mile and a half that I turned around saying to myself, save it for tomorrow.

On Saturday morning Jake and I met up at WVC and did a very easy 25 minute warm up jog followed by 3 x 100 meter striders. Jake said "Wow!" after the first one. I figured we had run an 18 or something in that neighborhood but it was a 21 after all but Jake was happy. Good sign I guess. The club was doing relay so we mixed it up with them as we ran 4 x 400 with a 400 meter walk-jog in between.

I ran 96-94-93-84 which was a decent workout. Jake ran in the mid 90's on the first 3and then dropped the hammer and ran 87 on the last one. In fact he ghosted up next to me on the last on at the 200 meter mark and said very plainly, "Rich! Faster!". Haven't heard that in a long time. It was his best in a long, long time.

We jogged down for an easy 26 minutes afterwards.

So the 3 day a week program shows early returns for Jake because he took the 2 days before today's workout off. I felt good too. In fact I was actually quietly elated for both of us. I have a long way to go but not being focused on miles and just running stuff that prepares me to run a faster 1600/3200 is enough.

No comments: