To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The first day of the rest of my running life

Today was the first day of the rest of my running life. Took an easy run with Jake starting from Forbes Mill and going up to the dam and back and then over to the track in just under 30 minutes. Then Jake and I did some easy striders and ran a 1600 meter trial. It's been months (and months) since I last did this but I just followed the man for 3.5 laps and then ran 6:59 doing the last lap in 95 seconds. Jake, who later admitted that he had run 7 miles easy yesterday, faded to 7:06. There is no seven miles that are easy. Not in this program.

Secret Miles!

We're both in the dumpster but it's a start. The effort was not startling and it wasn't painful but it wasn't easy either. I simply am not used to running anything this fast.

I checked back to last year and I ran a solo 6:18 last spring so I am a long way from there. I was there and then abdicated for some reason. I can remember my meta-goal was to get back under 13 minutes for 3200 meters and down close to 6 for the 1600. I might have been there by now and then some. I actually peaked in July with a 13:13 and then stopped running the trial efforts. Now I have to go do it again.

No comments: