To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, February 16, 2009

24 Big Ones



The Gods of rain wind and thunder were out in force. They have reigned supreme over Northern California for the past several days.

I ran 24 minutes in a cold rain this morning. As my wife said, "Well, you had just better get at it," and so I did. It was basically miserable mostly due to the wind and the fact that my upper back spasmed late in the run. I stopped and let it settle down and then went on and finished. Time to go see Bill Tarr, no doubt.

The road back is littered with lack of desire and lack of goals. I did perk up when I listened to Dimitri relate his story of Danny and his mile a couple of Saturday's ago. Had I not pulled my calf the last time I might have been down close to 4:30 for a 1200 meter time trial. That would have been enough to tell me that I might be able to break 6 minutes for the mile (Sub-6 at 60).

I guess if I can remain injury free the time to evaluate that is this spring.

No comments: