To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

WHAM! POW!





A very quiet day at the office. Gave me enough time to get out at lunch and run 18 big minutes. My legs hung together (figuratively). As I circled Baylands Park I was thinking how fragile and older runner becomes over time. Between recovery and injury, it becomes a sum game. You begin to realize that just being out there becomes the victory.

Back at work, late in the day, things changed dramatically. WHAM! POW! Got very busy until about 7 pm. Plenty going on in my over identified corporate life. I am trying to learn how to be Korean, which is tough enough.

What did Lawrence say about being Arab?

The beginning and ending of the secret of handling Arabs is unremitting study of them. Keep always on your guard; never say an unnecessary thing: watch yourself and your companions all the time: hear all that passes, search out what is going on beneath the surface, read their characters, discover their tastes and their weaknesses and keep everything you find out to yourself. Bury yourself in Arab circles, have no interests and no ideas except the work in hand, so that your brain is saturated with one thing only, and you realize your part deeply enough to avoid the little slips that would counteract the painful work of weeks. Your success will be proportioned to the amount of mental effort you devote to it.

No comments: