To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who is John Galt?











Traded emails with my "I don't want to be your friend anymore" guy on the state of the economy. He is definitely polarized blaming much of the present crisis on the Democrats without it even occurring to him that the Republicans ran the show for 6 or the last 8 years. I sometimes feel like I am talking to a member of a cult. His mind would probably clear up nicely if he stopped listening to the right wing hate spewed by Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. He sounds like he has memorized their sermons.

I am in the middle or what I perceive as the middle (Heck! Maybe I am not). Lack of government oversight and poor fiscal decisions (including stacking up bad mortgages) are the trigger that brought down this house of cards. Mistakes were made on both sides and the middle.

Is this Atlas Shrugged? Not yet. I don't see my right wing friend hurrying off to Galt's Gulch to lead a strike against what Ayn Rand called the looters.

Would the world miss another software engineer. Probably not. No more than they would miss "just another HR guy".

I think rhetoric is cheap (very cheap) and to live what you believe is tough. I know very few people in my life who are willing to NOT compromise that much.

On the running front: I ran at lunch today. Cool sunny and cloudy out in Baylands Park. I was woefully slow but got in 28 minutes with no problems.

No comments: