To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Kathie

I ran 10 minutes this morning and then walked with Amber for about 20 minutes before dashing off to breakfast with the club.

Met up with Steve for lunch. Hadn't seen him for more than 30 years. He thinks it may be 40. Anyway we were just a couple of guys in our 60's catching up in old Burlingame. Steve was a cousin of a classmate of mine who died last week. Kathie....Never really knew her that well. Blond and cute. Died of a massive heart attack a year after having a stroke. She was small and slender in high school but had gained a great deal of weight. Ended up living in a mobile home out in the woods with her dogs.

I have a very vivid remembrance of graduation. We were loosed upon the world. Some died in Vietnam (useless..useless). Kathie died alone in the woods outside Fort Bragg. Not too far from where my friend Kenny died so many years ago. 63 years old.

I wrote her older brother an email giving him my regrets.

Time will eventually swallow the memory of all of us.

No comments: