To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, February 27, 2009

Silicon Valley Gulching 101

Email to a friend who is all angry about Obama, his recent speech and things in general

Working for the state or government is not an option. I would not "fit". I have to resist the state in any way I can that is NOT violent, breaks no big laws and also increases my lack of reliance on the state. Part of this is to become a heck of less reliant on the news and media and also to seek out folks who have behaviorally sought and have achieved a level of independence.

For example, I could not respond to your analysis of Obama's speech BECAUSE I DIDN'T LISTEN TO IT. At least not much of it. It was on the TV when I got home but Sue and I went inside and had a glass of wine and talked instead.

The money thing I will need to figure out.

I know that being angry at the government and being a victim for the next 6-8 years increases my dependency on all of those things and I don't want that.

Galt stopped being a victim. In fact he never became a victim. Either did Roark. He refused to be a victim even when Toohey was screwing with his career right and left.
These are fictional characters but they set an example or ideal to strive for.

By the way, I don't care how others see me in this process, only how I see myself. I look for people of like minds but don't require it.

No comments: